Part 2 of 3 Parts
Nature of the Various Pertinent Questions That Will Not Be Asked
There are five kinds of pertinent questions that will not be asked. In this Part, we will cover two of them. The first kind appertains to ethics and legality. The second kind appertains, mainly, to the hiring of Louis Freeh’s Investigative Group and the delimited report, having findings that are impermissible in a court of law.
Questions to Rodney appertaining to ethical and legal matters:
- Why, do you suppose, that you, in light of your affiliation with the Second Mile Charity, were elected president of the university?
- Do you feel that the Board of Trustees acted ethical in elevating you to the office of president?
- Is it not your former boss Graham Spanier, more than
anyone else excepting the Governor and the State’s Attorney, who is responsible for turning a blind eye to untold acts of pedophilia perpetrated on helpless young boys, for over a decade, on campus and in the nearby environs?
- Do you not have the vested authority to fire Graham Spanier?
- Do you consider it ethical to grant Graham Spanier a faculty position?
- Why did you not present the issue of sanctions to the Board so that issue would openly discussed and made a matter of record?
- Moreover, why did you act hastily when the Board could have easily convened and decided the matter?
- In light of your being the newly elected president, did you not overstep your authority when you accepted the NCAA’s Consent Decree without gaining the Board’s approval?
- Or, did in fact, the Board tacitly permit you to arrogate this authority?
- In accepting the Sanctions, do you profess to have acted under bonafide law as opposed to color of law?
- Do you consider it ethical to hire Ed Joyner as VP of athletics when he previously had been on the Board of Trustees and had been active with the Second Mile
- Do you consider it ethical of the Board to give this same man Carte Blanche to select Joe Paterno’s successor?
- Are you aware that NCAA Pres. Mark Emmert has no more of a legal right to impose sanctions for criminal behavior than does the Man-in-the-Moon or the president of Mars candy bars?
- Do you realize that even though all of the college presidents of the Big Ten Conference, or for that matter all of America, might claim to acknowledge Mark Emmert’s authority, it is immaterial, for they lack the authority to nullify the laws of jurisprudence?
- Did you consult with the University’s legal counsel to confirm that Emmert was not working within the law?
- Did you consult also with legal counsel without the
- Do you not realize that it is to the benefit of the University to curtail the scope of the scandal?
- Has any attorney, including Board member Mark Frazier, gone on record to inform you that both you and Emmert have, indeed, been acting unlawfully?
- Also, has either the District Attorney’s Office of Centre County or the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office informed you that you have been acting unlawfully?
- Moreover, do you consider that the punishment fits the crime—i.e. that the football team, Penn State students and alumni, and Pennsylvania fans at large should be punished for the actions of one man and the lack of vigilance of the several University Administrators and Board of Trustees to protect against such debauchery?
- Excepting you and your friends, is there anyone in Happy Valley or elsewhere in Pennsylvania or on the planet, who thinks that 2012 Nittany Lions Football Team got what it truly deserves?
- What would you say, Rodney, to your detractors who claim your actions are “smoke ‘n’ mirrors” to keep the focus off of yourself, other administrators, and members of the Board for enabling Jerry and his debauched friends to prey on so many young boys, over decades, throughout Pennsylvania?
Questions to Rodney appertaining to the hiring of Louis Freeh and his law firm:
- Did you, Rodney, act independently hiring Louie Freeh and his investigative group, or did you not choose to arrogate that particular authority?
- Why did you hire the Freeh Investigative Group to perform a pseudo-investigative job knowing full well that its findings would consist merely of hearsay, inferences, and circumstantial evidence, therefore, impermissible in court?
- Rodney, are you aware that once before, in the 2006 Federal International Football (soccer) Association case, a Freeh Group report had been rejected by a judge who considered the report worthless?
- Are you surprised that the former state’s attorney who sat on the Sandusky case for years and who is now governor, Tom Corbett, was not mentioned in Freeh’s 267-page report?
- Likewise, are you not surprised that two-term Gov. Ed Rendell was not mentioned in the report, especially in light of his close relationship with the notorious pedophile Ed Savitz who died of AIDS in 1993 while awaiting trial?
- Are you not surprised that Freeh failed to mention the pedophile ring, which was started in the late 1970’s; which involved thousands of victims in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York City; which is connected to Jerry Sandusky and his Second Mile Trust; which implicated Governor Rendell owing to his close friendship with Asst. State Attorney Joe Savitz, as well as his brother Ed; and which purportedly involved the Philadelphia mafia?
- Moreover, are you not surprised that no member of the Board, or the Board itself, was mentioned by Freeh?
- Are you surprised that Louie Freeh cited only the three indicted administrators and two scapegoats—deceased Coach Joe Paterno and Assistant Coach Mike McQueary?
- Would you explain why Freeh’s investigation did not go further back than 1998?
- Would you explain why Freeh was instructed not to investigate certain people who were and are, if fact, implicated in the scandal?
- Are you aware that former Director of the FBI Louie Freeh was under a black cloud from 1993 when he took office until early 2001 when he was forced to resign?
- Why, before hiring Louis Freeh, did you not consider his continuous stream of failings during his tenure, of which, to mention but a few, are Ruby Ridge, Waco Massacre of the Branch Davidians, the Oklahoma City bombing, TWA Flight 800, the first attempt to bring down the World Trade Center?
- Did you not realize that the FBI—who had been investigating the Penn State Scandal because it involved kidnapping and because the pedophile ring involved stretched beyond Pennsylvania borders—was implicated in the cover-up this very scandal?
- Did you not know the FBI maintains that Assist. U.S. Attorney Jonathan Luna supposedly committed suicide in central Pennsylvania in 2003 in a most incredulous manner, supposedly slashing his throat and scrotum and inflicting himself with thirty-four other knife wounds?
- Don’t you think it odd that Freeh did not mention Luna or the mysterious disappearance in 2005 of Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar, who had been investigating the scandal, let alone Gricar’s brother Roy who supposedly committed suicide in 1996?
- Did you not know that Jonathan Luna’s aunt was related by marriage to Kenneth Frazier, whom was late last year made a member of the Board of Trustees?
- Did you not know that one of the principals of the Freeh Group, Stanley Sporkin had been general counsel to the Central Intelligence Administration and that the CIA had been involved in the (Nebraska) Franklin Bank pedophile scandal, and that former Penn State president Graham Spanier (who was at the University of Nebraska in the 1989 when the scandal broke) and Jerry Sandusky have been linked to Boys Town from whence boys were taken to Washington D.C. and pimped out to power elites?
- Have you forgotten that you hired Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier—who, incidentally is a member of the elite Council of Foreign Relations—to investigate the scandal and then to submit a report of his findings?
- Was Frazier’s report subsumed into Freeh’s report, or was it cast aside, or was it even written?
- Being that all the past several governors are Roman Catholics or were educated in Roman Catholic law schools, and being that pedophilia is rampant in the church’s clergy, do you not think it would be wiser to have picked a non-Catholic instead of a Roman Catholic, especially one who is a member of the secret Opus Dei Society of the Holy Cross and who is now an Italian citizen?
- Do you suppose that Freeh, were he to find Powerful Catholics involved in pedophilia, that he would be bound by the Pope’s edict Crimen Sollicitationis, which lays down strict orders on covering up sexual crimes perpetrated by the church’s clergy?
- Did you or any other Board member have any qualms about paying the Louis Freeh’s Investigative Group a whopping $6.5 million fee for, what in effect, is their imprimatur?
- Could you not have found a man of higher repute to do the same job for a mill or two less?
- Would a man of sterling repute accept this bountiful lucre having such a glaring conflict of interests?
- Don’t you think that it would have been wiser to pick someone, anyone other than Louis Freeh, someone with a three-digit IQ and without a “FBI record,” to give the Pennsylvania taxpayers an investigation having a semblance of honesty and fairness?
- How do you respond to Chairwoman Karen Peetz’s characterization of Louie Freeh’s credentials, to wit, “They are impeccable”?